Doha: The Amir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani today enacted Law No. 1 of 2022 on Social Security Law and Law No. 2 of 2022 on Military Retirement. These laws fulfill the wishes of pensioners and ensure a decent life for them and their families.
The Government Communications Office (GCO) published the key common features of the Social Security and Military Pensions Acts on social media.
Key Common Features of Social Security and Military Pensions Laws
– The minimum pension must not be less than QR 15,000.
– A maximum housing benefit of QR 6,000 is added to the pension.
– Pensions can be increased regularly and advances can be granted to pensioners. In accordance with the measures and regulations set out in the above laws.
– Supplements are granted to pensioners who reach retirement age with a contribution history of more than 30 years.
– The pension will be added to the salary when you return to work in the private sector, provided no further contributions are made.
– A worker who resigns to care for her special needs children can keep her pension without reduction provided she has 20 years of active service.
* The Treasury bears the cost of nominal service that meets the 25-year requirement.
– All amounts owed to the fund can be reduced and paid in easy installments.
– Insured persons who do not meet the requirements for entitlement to a pension can compensate for individual installments; the contributions will be refunded if the contribution period is less than one year.
– The laws regulate the transfer of the right to annuity payments to the beneficiaries in the event of the death of the insured or the retiree.
Beneficiaries include: Non-Qatari children of Qatari pensioners, non-Qatari widows, non-Qatari parents and non-Qatari siblings.
– The widow’s share of the pension increases to 100% if there are no other beneficiaries.
Key data of the draft social security law
– The provisions of the Social Security Act apply to all citizens of the public and private sectors.
– The provisions of the Social Security Law are optional for Qatari nationals under the income bracket system.
*Promulgated by Government Decree.
– The average pensions of insured private sector employees are calculated on the basis of the average salary of the last three years of employment instead of the last five.
Key points of the draft law on the military pension law
– A special allowance of no more than QR 5,000 and a housing allowance are credited to the contribution account.
– Military personnel whose service ended before the entry into force of Law No. 13 of 2006 on Military Personnel Retirement and Pensions may contribute to their previous service period in order to receive a pension in accordance with the specific conditions and regulations.
– Persons doing military service who do not engage in civilian activities receive insurance cover in the event of death, disability or other cases provided for by law while they are doing their military service.
– Contributions for overtime for categories with high and medium occupational risks are borne by the employer.